Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Ich Will Doch Nur Spieln!" - Exhibition April 22, 2013

In addition to the assignment "What I want / don´t want" I should make a documentary about the things I did the last 3 months. As I unfortunately did not make enough photos or videos that show my work process the way I want it to appear in a short film I decided to set up an exhibition. I was lucky that I could get such a well-fitting room in the new school building.
The exhibition was all about playing as well literally as figuratively and although it was only for illustration class I hung up everything I played with such as the tools I used, stuff I did for other subjects and my autonomous work. The resonances were suprisingly good, oh I tell you I was really touched. And at one moment the visitors themselves started to play with the things I installed which was my secret intension.
































































In addition to my 2D and 3D work I showed a video I made to support the message of playing.
It is a compilation of 1960s and 70s toy advertisements. That old because it has already been played with the toys and - to be honest - I just fancy the aesthetics of old video material in combination with those very ridiculousely set up television spots.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO CLIP






No comments:

Post a Comment