Monday, May 12, 2014

BERLIN

Last week I was on a trip to Berlin with a few friends, visited some great exhibitions (among others Ai Weiweis' "Evidence") and just enjoyed the time together; a great place to dive away from every-day-life. Finally I really didn't want to leave, which inspired me to make a poster. The background is made from copies of the last train ticket I bought in Berlin - and as you always need to stamp the ticket before taking the train, I made the letters with a stamp, enlarged them and finally rasterized everything for the silk screen.
The text is a quote from the childrens book "Pünktchen und Anton", written in 1930 by Erich Kästner. The story takes place in Berlin and the citation means something like "Pünktchen, Come on! - But I can't! - Why not? - Beacause I'm so happy right now!"
























silkscreen print, 50 x 70 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment