Friday, May 9, 2014

data place // aan de slag

In my project Data Place I focussed on the typography on Arnhem's weekly market. To get myself into it I improved my hand lettering and redesigned a market sign. After going through every single market stand and analyzing its signs I came to know that there is basically one guy walking around the market every now and then to write signs for the sellers on the spot, Henry van der Horst. His idea of working seems to be perfectly adjusted to the markets conditions. People don't need to order the plates and wait for them - instead they tell him directly what their offers are and within minutes they got their signs ready. 
But I have another idea how this could be simplified. Why not letting people make their signs on their own with a generally customized, market orientated stencil kit? 
My job for the upcoming weeks is to analyze the markets corporate identity, think about a solution how I can summarize all 'typefaces' that are given into a single one - and finally translate it to a stencil version that will be laser cut from plastic, wood or metal.


























acrylic paint on wood, 30 x 30 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment